Pages

11.22.2010

Misguided Monday, round one:

Over the last few weeks, I've been doing some thinking. Nothing too heavy, but it dawned on me that while it's all well and good to talk about the things you like, it's also good to at least mention the crap.
Not to mention, it's lots of fun to make fun of.

Therefore, I am introducing Misguided Mondays: a collection of the worst (think lurid, vinyl pants and the pinwheel of death [if you're a Mac] or the blue screen of death [for all you poor PC people out there]).

To debut, I present Christian Louboutin's new collection.
I mean, really.
Now please don't get me wrong. I love his classic design.


(Personally, I lean towards the ones that aren't platforms, but I think that may just be jealousy. There are a ton of designs I've seen that I like, but haven't had the chance to try them on. And I'm short. So any chance to be taller is probably good in my book. So I suppose the only reason I'm not partial to them is because I want them.)
But this new collection? It's just far, far, far, far too far from his clean lines and wonderful command of color combinations that make his classics so perfect. (Notice the pink/reds? Yeah. They don't go together.)
m.

Fall/Winter collection shoes courtesy of www.christianlouboutin.com.
Classic platforms, and classic classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment