Pages

2.16.2011

My grandparents love me.

I mean, like, reeeeeeeeealllllllllly love me.

For Valentine's day, they sent me a package.  (But it arrived today--but I don't really care, since getting sent gold in the mail is great whenever you get it, right?  Right.  Except I didn't get gold.  It's just a bit better.)

They sent me these:

Well, not these precise pecan bars.  I'm afraid to open the cupboard, now, as there's pretty much the equivalent of a Siren in there, so there aren't any pictures.

Pecan bars are like gold in my family.  They aren't made very often, but when they are, there's a great deal of rejoicing, and there's an elaborate, unspoken, unwritten hierarchy as to how many each person gets.  And then, if you want any of the extras, you'd better be a sprinter and boxer to get your hands on enough.

m.

I found these particular bars here.  I'm sure they're good.  But nowhere near as good as my grandmother's.

No comments:

Post a Comment