Pages

10.14.2010

confession

I have a confession:
I have an obsession with mugs.

I have an obsession with a lot of other things, too, but mugs are close to the top of my list. At last count, I had fifteen of them, and I've purchased/received at least a couple more since then.
Matching dishes? Yes, please; plain, preferably.
Matching cutlery? Shame on you for even needing to ask.
Matching mugs? Are you out of your ever-loving mind?

I can see it now. In ten years or so, I'll have married a Brit, or at least moved into a house with some English countryside glamour (see? I've even got the "u" thing down).
When we host a dinner party, all of the dishes will be elegant and match (or none of them will match, but it will be done in such a way to add charm and not tackiness to the air). The table will be perfectly decorated, which will tie into the theme of the room which, in turn, will tie into the design scheme of the house (and yes, I do include my Turkish lantern room in that).
And then the coffee and tea will be served.
Nothing will match.
Nothing will even pretend to match.

And I would love to be able to count these mugs by Zero Gravity among them.

Sadly, they do not balance like that when full. However, the graph shows the optimal trajectory of love, which more than makes up for them needing to sit flat when filled with boiling liquid.
Okay. Second thought, that may not be such a terrible thing.



m.


Image of one of the world's greatest mugs courtesy of http://www.beautifullife.info/industrial-design/morning-coffee-with-zero-gravity/

No comments:

Post a Comment