Pages

10.04.2010

Stain

It's a normal cup, right?

Nope. Although you probably already guessed that.

These fantastic cups were designed by Bethan Laura Wood to show their pattern more the more you use them--working off the idea that the more you use something, the more "damaged" it becomes.
I quite like this idea--I think the things we use often take on their own personality the more they are used (and abused). For instance, I probably wouldn't trade my laptop in for a new one. Emma's got a dirty keyboard, and she has trouble sometimes playing movies, and she's plastic instead of aluminum (I'm a Mac, and I will never ever again be a PC), but she's earned her name. She is totally kick-ass and seductive and sometimes a tidge campy, just like her namesake, Emma Peel (from the original Avengers; Uma Thurman just isn't as anything as Diana Rigg--well, except bad).
So, even though I much prefer my Earl Grey in obscenely large mugs, I would love a set of these cups.


m.

All images courtesy of http://www.woodlondon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment