Pages

10.23.2010

Drool-worthy shelves, even if I do look like an idiot.

There are a few downsides to living in a dorm room halfway across the country from your own room, let alone in one halfway around the world.
The biggest one, of course, being the lack of cohesion in my books.
My favorites went away with me to school, and then that collection was added to by way of gifts, textbooks, Half-Price Books, the occasional B&N gift card, and the sale of a deceased prof's entire 9,000 tome library.
Some books got shlepped home, and others got dragged out, eventually resulting in me needing more bookshelves no matter where I am.
And then I decided to study halfway around the world and brought with me only two books: a short novel entitled Stonehenge, but only because my mom had just bought it for me and it's sick and wrong to only take one book anywhere. The second was Les Miserables.
Thank goodness for iBooks, that's all I have to say.
I have an excessive attachment to print, though, so when I saw this particular room belonging to (yep) a Mr. Gaiman, I was instantly smitten. It's like the Powell's of home libraries
I want a room like this. Actually, I would like several rooms like this. I would also like this selection at this moment.








m.

see more photos at http://blog.shelfari.com/ronbrinkmann/2009/08/gaimans-bookshelf-details.html Which is also where I stole the ones you just looked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment