Pages

10.09.2010

Options

When our study abroad coordinator told us the important things about being gone for three or nine months, one of the things he mentioned was not bringing too much. I took this to heart...and brought too few clothes.
While any given item can be layered with almost any other, I find myself waking up each morning and thinking, "Dammit. Shouldn't have listened to John. Now what am I going to wear?"
That's why I have decided I should have Fernando Brizio's new dress(es).
When I first looked at it/them, I didn't think much of it/them. But the genius of it is that it's actually a white dress. You put colored markers, tip down, into the pocket, and let them bleed out. Let gravity do all the work for you! Then, when you get tired of the design, you can wash it and start all over again.

I have to wonder just how much of the ink would come out in the wash, even if you did use water-soluble ink. I think it's a great idea, but if I had to sit down with a bleach pen every time I wanted a new design, I would become notably less impressed.
However, I have decided this is probably one of the most impressive articles of clothing I've seen in quite a while. Not to mention versatile.



m.


All images courtesy of http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/26/view/3222/flexibility-renewable-clothing-by-fernando-brizio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment