Pages

10.31.2010

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,

For yesterday, because I know I'm a bad person: British accents, and analytical conversations of swearing in foreign languages.

And for today, Halloween, this wonderful shirt from Novel-T.com (they even have a cool name).
"Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door--
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door--
Perched, and sat, and nothing more."
-Edgar Allan Poe; "The Raven"


For those people whose heroes aren't on the field, but rather in the book or holding the pen. These other two shirts I really, really want as well.
"Tell all the Truth but tell it slant--
Success in Circuit lies
Too bright for our infirm Delight
The Truth's superb surprise
As Lightening to the Children eased
With explanation kind
The Truth must dazzle gradually
Or every man be blind--"
-Emily Dickinson; "Tell all the Truth but tell it slant"

"She is tolerable; but not handsome enough to tempt me; and I am no humor at present to give consequence to young ladies who are lighted by other men. You had better return to your partner and enjoy her smiles, for you are wasting your time with me."
"I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun."
-Jane Austen; Pride & Prejudice: Darcy speaking first to Bingley (vol. I, ch. iii), then to Lizzie (vol. III, ch. xviii)


m.

Check out more literary designs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment